I got this idea late last night.
Please write a blog or email me some of your favorite memories of Kevin/Dad/Papa. I will add the emails to this post.
I thought that we can spotlight each member of the family on their birthday. So be thinking of favorite memories. I think that Bryan is next, and then Grandma Thompson.
One of my first memories of Kevin is when we were in band together. I played the drums and Kevin played the trumpet, I think.
The next memory that I have of Kevin is going on a church trip to California. I was on the bus, he was riding with his parents, he waved to me as we pulled away. I think that is when I first started to like him.
We dated all through high school. There isn't really one memory that stands out from all the others, high school was high school and a very long time ago. I do remember some plaid pants that Kevin had that he wore to a dance once, and some concerts that we went to.
Kevin went on his mission to New Zealand, almost the same week that I graduated from high school. I didn't write to him much until about 6 months before he came home. So I really didn't hear much about his mission. He asked me to come to the airport when he came home. His girlfriend Linda, was there too. But Kevin winked at me. She (the girlfriend) was not happy that I was there, oh well. We all went back to Grandma and Papa's house for lunch. I just kept hanging around, finally the girlfriend got mad and left.
Kevin and I were engaged before Kevin's homecoming. Linda the girlfriend didn't know about our engagement. She was a bit upset when she found out, I can't really remember any details, maybe Kevin can add some details that I have forgotten.
We have been married for 29 wonderful years. We have 5 fantastic children, Summer, Justin, Jenny, Kody and Danielle, 4 amazing spouses, Bryan, Tyson, Emily, and Brooke, 4 beautiful grandchildren, Andrew, Logan, Blaine, and Hannah, and one more beautiful baby girl on the way, baby Emma. We have been truly blessed!
Family Picture
Disneyland 2005


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, mom! It's fun to have all the details of you courtship! Ü Poor Linda! LOL
ReplyDelete