Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Niagara Falls and Palmyra, New York

When Dad, Mom, and Danielle came out to Ohio in May, we took the opportunity to drive to New York to see Niagara Falls and Palmyra.

We drove two rental cars (our van was in the shop after Bryan's accident). Mom, Summer, Logan, and Hannah were in one car ("Look Summer, Buffalo!!!" hahaha! Sorry Mom!), and Dad, Danielle, and Andrew were in the other. We had lots of yummy treats to snack on and walkie talkies to keep in touch (and...um...cell phones..too). The kids were really good for the drive and we made it in pretty good time! We had a great room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, just two blocks from the Falls! You could see the mists from our hotel window! After unloading, we made the short walk to the Falls. Niagara Falls was beautiful and amazing! We walked all along the Park and enjoyed them from several veiws. When we all got tired, we went back to our hotel room and had a Pizza Picnic for dinner.


Tour Guide Andrew

Andrew and Logan

Mom and Dad

Summer and Hannah

Pizza Picnic!


In the morning, we packed up and headed Notheast to Palmyra. What beautiful country that is! We stopped first at Hill Cumorah and hiked up the very steep face of the Hill to the top! (What do you mean there was a walkway on the side?! Oh man!!!) We all made it to the top, amazingly. It was very humbling to look out over the valley and imagine all the things that happened at that spot! The kids enjoyed rolling on the Hill and Logan had a hard time keeping his pants up!




You can do it, Logan!
Summer, Andrew, and Mom
Mom, enjoying the view.

The beautiful Hill Cumorah Monument at the top.


Papa and Hannah

Some of us had been to the Church sites at Palmyra before in July when it very hot, very humid, and VERY crowded with visitors. Though that trip was wonderful for the Pagent, this trip had a much different feel to it. Being in early May, the weather was cool and the sites were almost deserted. We were able to really spend some time at each site and enjoy the peaceful Spirit there! It was also wonderful to get to share them with Dad, Mom, and Danielle! I'm so glad we went!


We also visited the Palmyra Temple, Sacred Grove, and Joseph Smith's home and Farm. However, I'm just realizing now that I don't seem to have any pictures from these places. So now I'm going to turn the time over to Mom, Dad, and/or Dani to tell us about the rest of our trip!

1 comment:

  1. Um, just to clearify the little jab.."Look Summer Buffalo". I was driving and there was a lot of traffic. The buffalo caught my eye, what I said was, "Look Summer Buffalo! Oh their not real" HaHaHa I know I am crasy. But they did look pretty real for a half of a second!?!?!?1

    Thanks for starting on our trip to New York. Hopefully I can add to what you have started.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete